Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Internet Wonders

Mark was what you would have to call an “early adopter” of the World Wide Web. And even 10 years ago he was telling me that I could find anything I might want to know about – any information at all – on the internet. I couldn’t imagine how. Wouldn’t someone have to take the time to put it there in the first place? And why would they do that? Talk about time consuming! I thought it was one of those things where you thought everything was there because so much was there that you’d stopped looking elsewhere. (Did that make sense?)

I’ve become a believer though.

A few months ago we were in a small museum where there was a display of early Kentucky life. On the wall there was a “Grammatical Chart” of unbelievable detail – a convoluted attempt to categorize English grammar in a circular chart in order, presumably, to teach it to poor, unfortunate pioneer children. We’d never seen such a thing before, so I took a picture and started looking, when we got home, for any reference to this amazing thing on the internet. There wasn’t much – this Clark guy was evidently on his own with this idea – but I did find one link, and there it was – the same chart as in my picture.




(this is MY picture – now check out the internet site.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter