Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Magazines

As part of my campaign to rid my house of excess stuff, I decided today to tackle the accumulating magazine collection that is spilling artfully out of baskets all over the house. I love magazines and have subscriptions to lots of them – mostly decorating magazines but also (in an irrational fit of I-don’t-know-what) Conde Nast Traveler and Newsweek. (I at least have the sense to blush at that last one!) Every time I’m in a bookstore I end up in the magazine isle after perusing the new fiction releases. I’m addicted.

So today I picked up a stack from a basket by my bedroom rocking chair (very ‘artful’, right?) and started flipping through them to see if there was anything I wanted to tear out to keep before I throw them away. I might have had reason to pause a bit when I realized that the top one was dated March 2003…

But I carried on. Took me all afternoon to get through just that one stack. I couldn’t bear to part with two of them anyway. And I tore out a lot of wonderful pages – you never know when you will be called upon to redecorate a bungalow or something.

So, 10 down, and probably 100 to go! What a wonderful way to completely waste time. Ah, Bliss!

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually read this entry AFTER I e-mailed you about the "cat story" in "Fine Homebuilding". Ironic. I too an a rabid magazine collector and can't bear to get rid of ANY of my Jeep related magazines, much to Kathy's dismay. I even have a box of "classic" "Hot Rod" magazines in the garage that I haven't looked at in years (I hope Kathy doesn't read this, I don't think she knows about them). Maybe we can blame this behavior on Grandma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter