Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Quotable Quotes

Sorry, but I really got the giggles yesterday about this quote, from Autodesk Inc. Chairman and Chief Executive Carol Bartz, announcing her retirement:

"I feel great having been able to have been a leader in that way and doing what I can to be as much an inspiration or do whatever I can for women."

Huh?

I bet she was great on ‘leadership.’ And God bless the journalist who couldn't resist taking down the exact quote and reporting it.

And while we're on the subject of news quotes, yesterday’s news also had this gem: “This takes organ donors to a new height, to a new low, maybe. How much is a piece of me worth?” -- William Shatner, donating, to Habitat for Humanity, proceeds from the sale of a kidney stone he passed last fall. (Yes, someone bought it – the same folks who picked up the half eaten grilled cheese sandwich that looked like the Virgin Mary.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter