Friday, February 03, 2006

Walking with Daisy

I took a couple of short walks with my mother's golden retriever today. She's a young dog and full of excitement and it is quite a thing to get her to stay with you and not run off to her preferred destination - my sister's house and dog, Kita. I thought that I could get her to double her distance by letting her get out ahead and then call her back to me, but she wouldn't give up any ground by coming back. She was determined to reach her friend Kita and nothing would stop her. Nothing, that is, except a rabbit caught scampering across the lane and into a hole under a mesquite tree. Daisy was off like a shot. And boy can she dig! It took some doing, but I finally hauled her back home.

Arizona has blue sky. No rain. Fresh air. I'm really enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter