Thursday, May 25, 2006

Internet Browsing

Mark sent me a link to something he saw and wanted to buy on the internet recently. Playskool has a Mr. Potato Head version of the Star Wars characters, including Artoo Potatoo and Darth Tater. If you haven’t seen these, well… you just have to! Not only are they cute, but the advertising staff has gone around the bend on their copy, with all imaginable references to potatoes and the trouble they can get into. (But does Darth Vader even have teeth?)

OK. So, very cute. But I do have to wonder how Mark found them in the first place. What was he ‘searching’ for that he came across this stuff? Somehow I don’t think he was just browsing through the Playskool site.

Mark is a champion internet shopper. ‘Shop and Click’ is his fallback entertainment, always. He is the best ever customer of Amazon.com – resulting in nearly daily deliveries of books. (We should own stock, but don’t.) He actually HAS his own lightsaber – found on the internet, of course. He also recently picked up a yo-yo habit, from something he read on the internet, no doubt. One time a package that was delivered turned out to be ‘Quick Clot’ stuff, used in war zones to stop otherwise-life-threatening bleeding. Good thing to have around I guess, but I seriously doubt that I’d have ever come across it on the internet myself. Another time he found a black Zippo lighter with a cool design on it that he just had to have – we don’t smoke or otherwise have an actual need for a lighter, but he thought the ‘click’ it makes when you open it was very cool. Other packages on our doorstep have included ‘camouflage’ backpacks, Benny Hill DVD’s, staplers, springs, vacuum cleaner bags, stuffed animals and t-shirts.


I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

Mark. Endlessly fascinating, yes. But one of the great Internet Browsers of all time.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my feeble defense, I quite often buy for my sweetie as well. Todd and Cathy and I have quik clot in the car just in case. One never knows of course. Last time I looked we needed vacuum cleaner bags. My sweetie is often prone to exaggeration, which I have told her at least a million times to NOT do.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

And just today a package arrived - the full 6 seasons on DVD of an obscure BBC production called 'Black Adder!' I rest my case. (And am looking forward to watching them, of course.)

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other day I actually made it to the END of the internet and didnn't even make a fuss about it there it was the END of the internet. I amde a small purchase and left

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter