Thursday, May 18, 2006

Woes and Celebrations

If there has been a single mantra in my life, I'm embarrassed to say, it has probably been something really stupid like “Into each life a little rain must fall.” Oh well. I guess it’s just been my way of telling myself that it isn’t that I deserve trouble – it’s just that trouble happens, and having had it, life will be that much sweeter after it is resolved.

So I am reminding myself of the happier life events that are taking place with the people in my world. My son just got a fabulous job offer to compete with the one he already had - and won't even graduate for months yet. The soon-to-be bride in the family has just found the perfect gown, the nursing student has graduated and landed a great job, a high school student is graduating, a surgery has turned out good results – and, most wondrous of all, a new baby is expected. Several sighs of relief are being exhaled as another college semester comes to an end. Vacationers are enjoying a well-planned trip and others are just planning their summer activities.

It gives me a little perspective. Now is not, evidently, my time. But I can live vicariously for a bit on all those happy happenings.

What prompted this? I know I used to be more interesting. I hope I will be again sometime. I hope this dull spell is temporary and that soon I’ll be doing more than going through the motions and having ‘activities.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter