Sunday, May 21, 2006

Whidbey Island


Our travels today took us to Whidbey Island to see Deception Pass. I somehow had this notion that there was a state park nearby (besides Deception Pass State Park itself) that had trails and 360 degree views and was a 'must see' that we hadn't, in fact, seen the last time. So we went off in search of it. I actually had directions to a state park that I thought was it - Fort Ebey State Park which, despite being miles away from Deception Pass and in the coastal lowlands, seemed, at the outset, like it might actually be the place... And from here the quest gets a little fuzzy.

Fort Ebey was wonderful, but there really doesn't seem to BE, actually, another park such as the one I was looking for. Did I dream it up? Picture it there when it was really somewhere else?

While that remains a complete mystery, the question of my sanity seems to be clearing up somewhat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter