Monday, May 08, 2006

Stumped

Every once in a while I am stumped for a blog topic and Mark 'helps' with some suggestions. I rarely act upon those suggestions though, and he is always wounded by my lack of enthusiasm for them.

Today, for example, he thought I should write about 'tabs on shoes.' Athletic shoes, particularly. You know - those 'tongues' that stick up above the tie of the laces and then get caught up in the bottom of your pants and end up making you look like a dork.

What else can one say about 'tabs' that hasn't already been said? I've already identified them, given an example, described their offense, and 'dramatized' the resulting end state - dorkiness. What else is there? I can't very well make up a story about them. I haven't, my own self, been traumatized by them, although I could say with some reliability that I do at least avoid buying shoes that are made with excessive tabs.

But really. 'Tabs' do not an engaging topic make. Sorry dear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter