Friday, June 09, 2006

Didn’t really have it together there…

I think I ran around all day yesterday with one of those dryer sheets / fabric softener thingies sticking out of my pant leg. Or possibly just wadded up inside, making a suspicious looking lump somewhere there shouldn’t have been a lump at all (suspicious or otherwise.) I suspect this because today, as I was doing the laundry, I saw it peeking out of my jeans just before I dumped them in the washer.

Now you’d think that my sister, a class act herself of course, would have brought it to my attention as we tooled around posh shops in Winslow and Poulsbo yesterday. Or that someone in our dinner party would have noticed and saved me the embarrassment. But no. I have to see it myself, long after any possibility of saving face. (OK – those of you who are more literate in their thinking – Mark – I will have to say that I realize it wasn’t my ‘face’ that was at risk.)

No wonder people were so friendly. I got a lot of smiles, a few waves… People love to know that someone else didn’t really have it together when they left their house in the morning. It makes us all feel better somehow.

So I was just doing my part to make the world a happier place.


I had a great time with Janet and Render while they were visiting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter