Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's a Guy Thing


Remember our neighbor who put up the big inflatable haunted house for Halloween? Well, he's back!

Every day for the last 2 weeks he's been out putting up Christmas lights. They are perfectly positioned on the house itself - every light in place, expertly spaced and anchored, dimensions fitting the lines of the house exactly. And every day he adds more. Just yesterday the colored lights along the street were set into place.

I think he might be done now - but you never know.

Movies are made depicting this phenomenon. Jokes abound. People come from miles around when one of these houses gets 'discovered.' I just don't understand. It's a guy thing, right?

I have to admit though, I'm really enjoying having it right outside my own (unlighted) window!

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We countered with our lighted Hill Billy Santa. So called because it was handcrafted by real KY hillbillies. I am tempted to calculate just how many watts our neighbor is pulling, but decided against it when I saw how fast the dials were spinning on his electric meter. We wonder why it doesn't light up the sky and be visible from miles away. we love it anyway and are considering a house size mirror but then we wouldn't see his display

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! He would fit right in at Winterhaven! I wonder how long it takes to take down and if he is careful in putting the strings away?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter