Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Toot Toot!

♫ Had a birthday, toot toot
Had a birthday, toot toot
Dear To-odd had a birthday
Had a birthday, toot toot. ♫

My son's birthday is tomorrow. I didn't want him to grow up. I wanted him to remain just as he was - at every stage in his life, including the one in which he delivered this, his own version of the birthday song. (Slight mis-hearing of the words involved...)

He was such a sweet baby, a darling toddler, an inquisitive and cooperative child, an involved, active and goal-oriented teen, an amazing young adult... well, maybe I'm wildly prejudiced. (I retain that "mother's" right.) But he IS practically perfect.

And I don't even blame him for growing up - I just wish it hadn't happened so fast.

Happy Birthday Todd!

2 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I still think my version of the song is better than the original, especially for those of us not musically inclined.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The kid's a regular 'Mary Poppins'! (practically perfect in every way).

Happy Birthday Todd! (a day late)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter