Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wonder of Wonders

We - meaning Seattle - went for 29 days without rain. Nearly a record, they said. The record was 30 days - unless (and this is where it got a little tricky and I had trouble paying attention) you count the 'old' record of 59 days back in 1959. (Or was it 51 days back in 1951? 59 in '51? Or maybe 51 in '59?) I didn't get the finer points of which 'record' really counted or why there was more than one record, but in any case, with less than 2 hours left in the 29th day, rain happened. Our grass audibly sighed in relief.

So, I think, did our local weather predictors - who have seemed disoriented and confused, 'record' reporting notwithstanding. They just don't have the vocabulary for sunny weather here.

We celebrated by going out today without taking raincoats with us. We didn't get rained on, but we could have - and that was the best part.

Or maybe this was the best part...


Suffice it to say, there were lots of best parts. We are glad for the weekend!

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger carl s said...

I take it you're feeling better. Good.

Is that a Tiger Swallowtail?

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

No, not feeling much better - just time to ignore it. I don't know why I can't get over things like this...

Very sad.

I have no idea what sort of butterfly it is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter