Friday, October 28, 2005

Teaching Maddie

We’re trying to teach our little Maddie-kitty to open doors. She should be able to learn this simple thing that all our other cats have always been able to do. Just stick your paw in the crack and pull it back. Simple. Especially for a cat with lots of extra toes. (She practically has thumbs!) Frik can do it. She’s probably WATCHED Frik do it. But she won’t try it.

She’d rather stretch up and reach for the doorknob – for that is how WE do it. Doors open with doorknobs. That’s how it is. Never mind that her action closes the door entirely with a 'snap.'

So, that either makes her very bright or very dumb. I’m not sure which. But I suspect there is a lesson in there somewhere about Life that I could take to heart.

1 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for jogging a memory of my childhood. We always had a black cat, and his name was always Inky. One of the long gone Inky had a talent for opening doors. He also had a love of water. I do recall ,fondly?, his visits to me while I was in the bath tub. he would jump in, and I would jump out. What a mess for my Mom! Thanks for the laugh ! Judy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter