Friday, December 16, 2005

Finding our way

I did a little exploring yesterday and found the big Bellevue shopping mall - right in the middle of downtown Bellevue with the big hotels and office buildings and all the holiday traffic. (It would have helped if Frik had been there to purr comfortingly to me along the way but I had to make do with humming Christmas carols to myself and saying "oh dear... oh dear... oh dear...") But I made it and even wandered around in it a bit before losing my nerve and heading for home. All the wonderful stores are in it (Nordstroms!) and restaurants like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and PF Chang's and Cheesecake Factory. Things are looking up, I'd say.

I really do enjoy exploring a new place - part of why I really like the whole moving business. Here, for example, we are near a big lake and there is a wonderful little road that, according to the map, runs all the way around it. That sounds like a "this weekend" destination! I really need to find a book store and look for local guidebooks too. We need some distractions from those things over which we have no control.

In the meantime, two batches of cookies are done. Onward!

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great mall. I don't know why you had to leave because you lost your nerve, it was going home that would have been bad, not staying there!Hope you find that guide book soon and get to explore the lake area. Lots of adventures will follow, no doubt.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger M.J. said...

I am so JEALOUS. Albuquerque is a shopping pit (and 45 min away from where I actually live).

You are in the real world now....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter