Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Photo mistakes and un-mistakes

I just got back from Arizona and my mother’s birthday celebration. I had a wonderful time except that I caught a really bad cold (from the airplane, evidently) and came home sick and feeling like Typhoid Mary.

And I was upset about my photos - which are very important to me! I thought I’d gotten a bunch of bad photos of the occasion – out of focus and, in several cases, blank shots where the ‘subject’ had already moved out of the picture space by the time the camera managed to record the shot! I also thought I’d lost some of the photo files, though I managed to recover them finally. Bad lighting, focus issues, too much movement, too many people – this amateur just wasn’t up to the task! I’ve spent the whole morning chastising myself over stupid mistakes, and then making more of them and then figuring out that maybe I could fix them… And then trying to write a blog about that, and then deleting it as I solved various problems. Very confusing. I need to have more confidence. A more positive attitude. It’s hard with this bad cold.

Anyway, a picture that I thought I lost, but didn’t, was of Daisy-the-wonder-dog, all caught up in a mass of balloons and strings the day after the party. We had 80 balloons tied in large bunches all over the living room, and by the next day they had drooped onto the floor and Daisy was avoiding them. We thought they would be just the thing for a dog to jump into, but she wouldn’t do it. Did they taste funny? Whatever her reluctance, we finally got her caught up in them and she rolled over and twisted around and ultimately ended up looking like a parade float as she tried to move around surrounded by dozens of balloons whose strings were tied up in her legs.




Daisy knows how to have a good time. It didn’t bother her that some balloons popped. She didn’t really care that we were laughing at her – or that she was sort of stuck. She just went with the moment and made the best of it. Which is what I should have done this morning!

Maybe this afternoon I can work with what I DO have and make it come out OK. Take a page out of Daisy’s book, as it were.


3 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Daisy in the balloons! I would have loved to see her in action with them!
I hope you are feeling better soon.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be mroe than happy to burn my pictures onto a CD and send them to you. I'm a terrible photographer but there might be something decent in the bunch.

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the picture and would really enjoy seeing more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter