Saturday, February 11, 2006

NW Flower and Garden Show

This is the premier garden event in the Northwest – a huge display of demonstration gardens and garden product vendors – and we are actually here and were able to go! (In spite of my still-bad cold. I just took my box of tissues and cold medicine along.)

The venue is the WA Convention Center, an amazing place in downtown Seattle. The event attracts all kinds of folks – and people-watching is certainly one good reason to go. The big garden displays always include patios, water features, bridges, trellises, art, patio furniture, massive amounts of plants – tulips were quite prominent this year – and trees. And, of course, everything is identified so you can rush out to your local nursery and place your order! They have all kinds of information and gardening assistance available – we found out about native bees and signed up for emails about baskets (that might have been a mistake, but you know how it is when you get to talking to someone…) and got some information about the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in April. Mark got a 'bee' cap. We wandered down to the market when we were done and I got some fresh roasted cashews. All very exciting stuff. It was wonderful. Sigh.

Spring might be around the corner. We might eventually sell our house and get out of this apartment. I might, at some point, even get over this cold. It could all turn out OK after all.

It didn’t rain today either!











(Is this a garden nymph?)


You can click on the pictures to open a larger version of them if you'd like a closer look.

5 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "family message board". Sorry if it detracts from the original intent of your blog. It is great to feel in touch with you and the rest of the family. Wow, a cruise! We are busy digging out from a ten inch snowfall. Isn't diverity wonderful?

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear aunt cathy
Mommy showed me all your pumpkins. I love them. I am going to plant some this year.Does uncle mark have any ideas on how I can grow them big?
Love, Brandon Jester

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers are gorgeous! That sounds like a great weekend in spite of the cold supplies, and I believe! Go house!

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first glance, I was afraid the "garden nymph" might be Mark in his "bee" cap. I was greatly relieved when I took a closer look and realized I was wrong!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I'll have you know that the 'bee' cap was a very nice baseball cap type thing in a mellowed blue and green with a simple bee embroidered on it - very tasteful. But he gave it to one of his co-workers. Oh well. Frankly, Mark wouldn't even look that good in chiffon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter